Doctors shared a graphic video of a Man who shoved 8-inch deodorant can up his butt, left it there for 3 weeks(Warning:contains graphic content)
Man rushed to hospital after forcing deodorant can up his bum – and keeping it there for three weeks
A 27-year-old man in India had to be hospitalized after allegedly shoving a deodorant canister up his butt, where it remained for three weeks before doctors removed it.
Doctors shared a graphic video of the emergency backdoor evacuation, noting the team was shocked to witness the patient’s case.
“This was a big deal for us,” Tapas Ghosh, the superintendent of Burdwan Medical College’s hospital, where the patient was treated, told India’s News18. “We treated him with uttermost care.”
The unnamed patient had reported to the medical facility, located in West Bengal, on Wednesday after experiencing severe abdominal pain, Jam Press reported.
There, doctors conducted several X-rays, which revealed that the poor soul had a 7½-inch deodorant can inexplicably lodged in his colon near the anus.
The 7-and-a-half-inch can had reportedly been lodged in the man’s colon for nearly three weeks.
The 7½-inch-long can was reportedly lodged in the man’s colon for nearly three weeks.
Doctors removed the deodorant can during a two-hour operation.
Doctors believe that the patient had wedged the antiperspirant up his anus, although his reasons for doing so remain unclear — but likely did not include remedying a smelly bum.
To make matters worse, the can was reportedly up his can for 20 days, during which the unfortunate fellow was unable to relieve himself. Medics believe that the young man’s life could’ve been in jeopardy had he not reported to the hospital, zolexreporters reported.
Thankfully, doctors were able to remove the deodorant during a two-hour surgery, as seen in literal stomach-churning footage given to Jam Press. The graphic 45-second video shows the team of surgeons slicing open the man’s stomach lining to unveil a silver spray can, which they then remove and hold up to the camera like a bowling trophy.
“This was a big deal for us, we treated him with uttermost care,” said Tapas Gosh, the superintendent at the Burdwan Medical College Hospital where the patient was treated.
Unfortunately, the patient didn’t emerge from the operation unscathed. He reportedly sustained damage to both his esophagus and intestines, the latter injury of which will likely require surgery in the future, doctors said. He will also need to be monitored by medics for the next seven days in case of further complications.
Despite the surgical side effects, the man’s family said that they were “happy with the treatment provided by the hospital.”