Here Are Some List Of Things Military Women Are Strictly “Not Allowed” To Do(Forbidden)
Here are a few things that military women are severely forbidden from doing:
- Wear cosmetics while in uniform: Many individuals who are unfamiliar with military life are surprised by this one. Women in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force are not permitted to wear cosmetics at work or during physical training (PT).
- Wear nail polish: Nail polish is not permitted in the armed forces because it can become filthy and smear onto clothing and equipment when performing specific activities such as climbing over walls or crawling beneath vehicles to perform maintenance inspections.
- Wear high heels: This one should go without saying, but some individuals wrongly assume that high heels are permitted in the military owing to Hollywood representations of female troops wearing them on dates or other off-base activities.
- Wear noticeable earrings from the front of their head. It is more crucial for troops to be able to wear ear protection while on duty than to be able to wear a stunning pair of earrings.
- Don’t wear jewelry other than wedding bands, dog tags, or religious things like crosses or crucifixes. If they are hurt and require medical assistance, they do not want someone tugging on their jewelry while they attempt to assist them.
- Even if it’s hot outdoors and you’re working out, wear a tank top that exposes your stomach or bra strap.
- Put on shorts that are two inches above the knee.
- Drink alcohol on base unless you’re over 21 and attending an official occasion, such as a family dinner.