Meet Major General Lucky Irabor, Nigeria’s new Chief of Defence Staff
It is no longer news that President Muhamamdu Buhari has appointed Major General Lucky Leo Irabor as the new Defence Staff Staff.
Irabor has taken over from Gabriel Olonisakin, who was hitherto the CDS.
Here are 10 things you need to know about him.
- He served as Commander, Training and Doctrine Command of the Nigerian Army, TRADOC, Minna.
- Major General Irabor also served as Chief of Training and Operations, Defence headquarters.
- Served as Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
- He hails from the vicinity of Agbor in Delta State
- He was a member of the RC 34.
- He once served as Chief of Staff to the Chief of Army Staff.
- Was head of the Multi-National Joint Task Force as its Field Commander.
- He’s a trained engineer
- The fall of Sambisa and other territories hitherto under the control of Boko Haram was possible due to his commanding styles
- Major General Leo Irabor, was born on October 5, 1965