#IPOB is a group and it’s Leader Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for #Igbo #nation in anyway : By Joe Igbokwe
By Joe Igbokwe
I have restrained myself since yesterday from making comments on the State of the Nation given the wanton and primitive destruction we witnessed in Lagos yesterday and other states in Nigeria.. Since yesterday I have been reading all the narratives on social media. A friend of mine sent a Video purportedly made by NNAMDI KANU of IPOB which has been circulating on Social Media. I figured out that they are trying to link the Childish and inciting video for being the cause of the mayhem in Lagos. In other words the take away is that NNAMDI KANU instigated Igbo in Lagos to attack Lagos in the name of protest for #ENDSARS. As an Igbo political leader in Lagos who has been here for close to 40 yrs I think history will permit me to speak out and put the records straight before the feeble, weak and senseless narratives create ethnic war in Lagos.
1. Igbo I know do not have the character to destroy but to build and that is why we always say in Igbo proverb: Ebe Onye bi ka ona awachi, meaning where you live is where you build your home. Check your streets , check all the markets in Lagos, check Estate developers, check everywhere in the metropolis and see and feel the presence of Igbo. They build anywhere they go and they do not destroy.
2. NNAMDI KANU does not speak for the Igbo Nation and therefore his opinion is not the opinion of intelligentsia and business moguls in Igboland. He is speaking for his brainwashed young elements who are lost in his antics and fruitless separatist agenda. Those who matter in Igboland are not on the same page with the Kanu boy of IPOB.
3. Igbo in Lagos do not posses the character and the courage to invade His Royal Majesty Oba Akiolu’s Palace in Lagos Island, TVC, LTV, CHANNELS TV, ORIENTAL HOTEL, GTB, BRT, NATION etc. My people will say in an adage that “It is rat inside the house that will tell the rat outside the house that there is something in the house. We have to look inside. I have been in Lagos enough and deeply too close Asiwaju to know all his enemies in Lagos and Yoruba Nation and it is political. Every PDP member in the South West do not like Asiwaju until they entered AD, AC , ACN and APC. I was the spoke person of our party for close to 14 yrs and I know what I am talking about. They see Asiwaju as the dominator of the environment and armor bearer of South West politics. They put all their political failures on the doorsteps of Asiwaju BAT. If it rains heavily it is Asiwaju that caused it. If there is thunderstorms it is Asiwaju that caused it. If their businesses fail it is Asiwaju that caused it. If their wives cannot get pregnant it is Asiwaju that caused it etc. Success breads envy. As you are going up some people are going down and those going down will not like those going up.
4. The political hate for Asiwaju BAT has no boundary even in Nigeria. It goes beyond Nigeria. The PDP Nigeria knows it was Asiwaju that defeated them not President BUHARI. PMB came in 2003 and did not win, PMB came in 2007 and did not win, PMB came in 2011 and did not win until ASIWAJU’s political sagacity, creativity, and strategy pushed South West ACN to form alliance with CPC, ANPP, and some APGA members to give birth APC. This is root cause of this hate.READ ALSO FG exposes Kanu, IPOB on misleading $85K campaign for Nigerian Christians
5. If you are a deep political thinker with great eyes, if you follow political events like I do everyday, if you are a good student of politics and if you have third eyes you will know at once that Asiwaju BAT has built an intimidating,formidable and political networks across Nigeria to the extent that it is difficult now if not impossible for anybody to stop him from becoming the President of Nigeria in 2023, all things considered. Only God can stop him and this I know very well. The strategic ,well coordinated, clinical attacks on his interests in Lagos is well planned , well structured and clinically delivered to stop him in 2023 at all cost but will it stop him? No sir!!!