Nigerian Army kills Twenty Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorist at Baga Borno State
Nigerian army fighting insurgency in the North East has killed no less than twenty members of the terrorist groups.
Major General John Enenche, the Coordinator of Defence Media Operations who disclose the development at Defence Headquarters on 17th of May 2020, said that the terrorist were killed at Baga town in Borno State.
The Statement read :
- In a decisive intercept offensive operation, troops of 130 Battalion with the support of Army Super Camp Baga, had a fierce encounter at the north west of Baga town with BHT/ISWAP Criminals on the 17th of May 2020.
- The criminals armed with mortars, rocket propelled grenades and small arms were heading to attack villages surrounding Baga, when the troops attacked their convoy with overwhelming fire power killing 20 BHT/ISWAP criminals, captured six AK 47 Rifles, 520 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition and five 36 hand grenades.
- However, nine of our gallant soldiers were wounded in action with no loss of life. They were evacuated to Sector 3 hospital for treatment.
- The Chief of Army Staff commends the gallant troops for their professionalism and directs them to remain resolute towards eradicating the criminals from the North East.
- You are please requested to disseminate the information with the enclosed pictures through your medium to the general public. Thank you for your support and cooperation.