David Beckham’s Inter Miami side will step up pursuit of Edinson Cavani in the next transfer window,after Atletico transfer collapses

The 32-year-old Uruguay striker is into the final six months of his £360,000-a-week Paris Saint-Germain contract.

He was linked with moves to Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea in January.

But none of them materialised, with the frontman being told by PSG he must remain at the club.

Inter Miami confirmed talks had been ongoing to Cavani, with the French side wanting around £25million for him.

Cavani has seen his top spot go to Mauro Icardi – and he was even reported to have said goodbye to his team-mates at the end of last month.

That prompted Inter Miami’s joint-owner Jorge Mas to launch a bid.

Beckham’s new franchise make their MLS bow against Los Angeles FC on March 1.

Leave a Reply