17 years old Nong Ying,electrocuted when the extension cable she used to charge her phone touched the metal legs of her bed killing her instantly

Nong Ying, 17, was electrocuted when the frayed extension cable she was using to charge her phone touched the metal legs of her bed killing her instantly.

Nong’s mother Boonpeng Tuponchai, 47, returned home and found the teenager lying still in the bedroom. 

Boonpeng said she thought that her daughter was asleep and tried to wake her up but she suffered a minor electrical shock when she touched the body. 

The mother rushed to the power control and cut the power but her daughter was already dead. 

She had burns on her left hand, believed to have been from where she was holding the handset. 

Investigating officer Police Captain Khanti Peansoongnern said the girl was electrocuted after she accidentally touched the metal bed frame which had come into contact with the electrical current.  

Leave a Reply