Eight held as Army foils Boko Haram bid to attack Lagos,As Army & Police insist “There is no cause for alarm”
EIGHT Boko Haram suspects arrested in connection with plans to attack facilities in Lagos are being held by the military, the army said at the weekend.
The Nation gathered on Sunday that the insurgents made attempts about two weeks ago to attack one of the universities in the state, but operatives of the 81 Division beat them to their game.
Four persons directly involved in the botched plan were arrested and immediately whisked to the Army Headquarters in Abuja for further investigation.
It was gathered that four other suspected members of the terrorist group were arrested within that period. They allegedly confessed their membership of Boko Haram.
General Officer Commanding (GOC), 81 Division Maj.-Gen. Olu Irefin, said the eight suspects had been transfered to Abuja.
He assured residents of Lagos and Ogun States that there was no cause for alarm, adding that there was solid security architecture in place.
The GOC said Exercise Crocodile Smile IV had kicked off.
He said: “We have started on the background. We have gone for simulation with all the security agencies involved in the Exercise.
“The exercise proper would kill off on November 19. It was supposed to start on November 11 but was shifted because of the NA’s Small Arms Firing Exercise holding between November 11 and 15 at Ibadan.
“There is no cause for alarm within 81 Division’s area of responsibility. We have been on top of our game.
Eight held as Army foils Boko Haram bid to attack Lagos,As Army & Police insist ““There is no cause for alarm”