Today In Plenary:Senate moves into MOTIONS of the day.adjourned to Thursday, 3rd October 2019
Senate now moves into the MOTIONS of the day.
- Urgent need to review and recover additional revenue accruable to the government of the Federation from the Production Sharing Contracts by Senator Ubah Ifeanyi.
“I commend Senator Ifeanyi Ubah for moving this motion, we need to understand Production Sharing Contracts.”- Senator Gabriel Suswam.
“It is painful that oil companies do not live to expectations in the area of Corporate Social responsibility (CSR). We must call the oil companies to order and be charged to fulfill their CSR in the Niger-Delta area.”- Senator Rochas Okorocha.
“I also urge all of us to support the motion so that we can help fix the mess in the Niger-Delta area.”- Senator Rochas Okorocha.
Senate resolves to:
- Mandate the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources Upstream in conjunction with the Committees on Judiciary and Finance to investigate the reasons for the failure to review the salient provisions of the PSC Act, identify the best fiscal regime …for the PSCs and review the provisions of the PSC Act to ensure that the share of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in the additional revenue is adjusted in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- The need to check illegal mining activities in the country by Senator Alhaji Sahabi.
“The issue of lead poisoning is a very important issue, something needs to be done. It is happening virtually in all states where illegal mining takes place. I urge my colleagues to support this motion as it is timely.”- Senator Adamu Aliero.
Senate resolves to:
- Call on the Federal Government and other stakeholders to develop a national legal framework in response to illegal artisanal mining;
- Call on the Federal Government to further clean up the affected areas of the lead poisoning in Zamfara State and Niger State.
- Rehabilitate the victims of the after effect of lead poisoning and environmental degradation in Zamfara State and Niger State.
- Call on the Federal Government to further clean up the affected areas of the lead poisoning in Plateau and other states; and
- Call on the Federal Government to initiate a Committee for wealth creation, job opportunity to enhance the diversification of the economy.
“This Senate would look into the solid mineral sector seriously and would charge the Senate Committee to call for a public hearing on what the solid mineral sector should be; the situation of illegal mining is unacceptable.”- Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan
“I believe that this Senate should be at the vanguard of renewing the situation of the solid mineral and ensure this sector contributes to the National development.”- Senate President, @DrAhmadLawan
“We will call a round table of stakeholders which I would Chair so we can protect our resources than continuing to lament on how foreign nationals are illegally mining our resources.”- Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan.
Senate Leader moves that all items on the order paper be stood down to another legislative day. Minority Leader seconds.
Plenary is adjourned to Thursday, 3rd October 2019.
Today In Senate Plenary:Senate moves into MOTIONS of the day.adjourned to Thursday, 3rd October 2019